This weeks friday finds include tips on preparing your little ones for school, photographing newborns, a delicious dessert recipe and much more. We hope you enjoy browsing through them and that you will be back on monday for another week of blog posts here on Great British family.
1. Sophie the giraffe original teether, Currently £9.99, Amazon
2. What mothers do especially when it looks like nothing
3. Baby K, stripe knitted all in one, £18, Mothercare (part of Myleen Klass’s collection)
4. Funky little giraffe dribble bibs, 10 for £20.50 including postage.
5. Currently reading and loving – The babymoon experience, Caroline Deacon
Mary Berry’s no flour chocolate roulade
Saving money going back to school
How to make starting school less scary
Books to help prepare children for starting school
How to clean off wax crayon
Getting ready for birth
Newborn photograph ideas and tips
Have your kids watched too much tv this summer?
Whether you’re jetting off on a babymoon or just looking for a swimsuit to wear to your local aquanatal class, we have picked out some of the best maternity swimwear around at the moment.
Retro swimsuit, £49, Boden; Stripe tankini, £30, Mamas and papas; Black twist front halterneck, £30 (Sale price), Seraphine; Nautical striped bandeau tankini, £28 (Sale price), M&S.
Navy maternity stripe swimsuit, £28, Topshop; Blue print halter swimsuit, £24, Next; Navy polka dot swimsuit, £26, Jojo Maman Babe; Black swimsuit £23, Yummy mummy maternity.
Another week and another collection of links for you to browse. As usual we have a good mix of pregnancy, newborn and older children related links below including a few tasty recipes this week. We hope enjoy them. We will be back on Tuesday (we’re making the most of the bank holiday and going camping, please cross your fingers the weather isn’t a total wash out!). Enjoy your weekend whatever your plans.
1. The best maternity jeans ever?
2. Cool Brittania bandana bib, £5.95, Baba + Boo via not on the high street.com
3. Junior magazine give us a sneak peek of Monsoon’s autumn/winter 2012 kids collection.
4. You and your bump, Emma Cannon. We’ve read great things about this book and The works are currently selling it for £3.99
5. Gina Ford’s routines – yes or no?
Tips for dressing stylishly during pregnancy (part 1 and 2).
Recipe – Kids will love putting together their own mild chicken fajitas.
Recipe – Tortilla with chorizo and red peppers.
Surviving toddler tantrums.
Icy bath time fun
Tips on breastfeeding
Just for fun…Ways to know the summer holidays are almost over.
Ten reason to love being a mum to boys.
Some tips/discount codes for saving money on back to school essentials.
One mum’s thought as pre-school looms for her little one
Interested in joining in a junior book club? find out more here.
Not every one wants to find out the sex of their baby before he or she is born but you will need a few items of clothing to see you through those first few days. That’s why we love these unisex newborn items from the new autumn/winter 2012 next range. Whats more, the range is affordable too with a 3 pack of bodysuits costing just £12. We especially love the yellow day dreamer design.