This breastfeeding special friday finds marks then end of my week of breastfeeding posts for British National Breastfeeding Awareness Week. I hope you have enjoyed reading my posts & found them useful. Below are a small selection of some of the great blog posts that I have read this week and also a few products that I have discovered. Don’t forget you still have time to enter the Keep Britain Breastfeeding 2013 scavenger hunt.
1 – The ultimate dotty breastfeeding pillow – Converts in to a bag when no longer needed as a pillow
2 – Medela calma bottle – Unique bottle that enables baby to maintain the natural feeding behaviour they learn on the breast
3 – Snoob breastfeeding scarf – Stylish and discreet nursing cover
4 – The breastvest – Use with a nursing bra to convert any top in to a nursing top
Breastfeeding from a dad’s perspective and how dads can support their breastfeeding partner.
Really useful tips and advice from Circus Queen – Relax and accept.
How twitter and social media in general can help with breastfeeding – Top tips for using social media when breastfeeding
Here is a really well written, balanced article about the pros and cons of both breast and formula feeding and why we shouldn’t judge a mother’s decision – Hands off my boobs!
To see the complete list of blog posts for each day, as part of Keep Britain Breastfeeding 2013 scavenger hunt –
- Day 1 – The benefits of breastfeeding
- Day 2 – Top tips for breastfeeding
- Day 3 – The importance of breastfeeding support
- Day 4 – Funny experiences and positive nursing in public stories
- Day 5 – Breast milk pumping
- Day 6 – Breastfeeding beyond 1 year
- Day 7 – Dispelling myths about breastfeeding
And finally links to my posts from this week –
- Introduction to the week
- Breastfeeding products I love
- The importance of breastfeeding support
- My breastfeeding story so far
- Review – Bravado’s body silk seamless nursing bra