Welcome to this weeks friday finds where I share with you my favorite finds from this past week. From blog posts to children’s fashion, there is something for everyone. In case you missed it, this week I blogged about baby play with my baby from birth to four months and I shared with you a UK handmade range of baby wear from Parsnip and Bramble. I hope you enjoy reading my finds as much as I have enjoyed putting them together for you.
1. I’m currently reading this book and considering baby-led weaning with my baby. I’d love to hear from you if you have done baby-led weaning with your children, good and bad experiences. If you are starting weaning too but prefer starting with purees, here is some inspiration from this mummy.
2. The blogs are full of reviews of these beautiful tutu skirts. They come in a huge range of colours. I can’t imagine any little girl who wouldn’t enjoy wearing one of these and I’d love one for my baby girl when she is a bit bigger.
3. A few weeks back I shared the gorgeous handmade items made by The fox in the attic with you. Since then they have added new designs to their etsy shop which I just had to share with you all. Isn’t this hippo cushion adorable?
4. I love this nursing necklace. I’ve tried wearing something similar with my baby who likes to hit me and grab my lips & hair with her top arm whilst nursing but it makes no difference.
5. Tonight is The MAD blog awards 2013. If like me, you aren’t at the awards but would like to keep up with the excitement you can follow via the live blog here from 7pm. Good luck to all the nominees and I hope you all have a fabulous night.
Bento boxes are getting more popular here in the UK. I think they are a great way of encouraging little ones to eat a variety of foods. Lucy who blogs at Captured by Lucy is a big fan and regularly shares her bento ideas. This week she shared fishy adventure bentos and asked other bloggers to link up their bento ideas. Whilst you are over there getting lots of inspiration have a read of her articles on bento supplies and getting started (including lots of ideas for foods to use). Tinned tomatoes is currently running a bento kit giveaway this month which would give one lucky person everything they need to get started.
Looking for inspiration for activities to do with the family this autumn? Mama owl shared her autumn bucket list. I love this mirror-based sensory play from the boy and me, perfect sensory play for those who don’t like gloop or mucky hands. Red Ted art shared a fantastic and detailed post on an art project for kids inspired by Joan Miro. I also loved their idea of an alternative (to toys) gift of a craft box. There is a lot of sensory play and arts and crafts on parent blogs but imaginary play should not be overlooked. I enjoyed this post on imaginary play from mummy daddy and me (and I love the knitted food too).
I’ve never been a massive pink fan. However, now I have a daughter it is growing on me. However I prefer my pink in moderation and as such I loved this non-pink girly bedroom thatbelongs to the daughter of Shaneen from breathe happy. I also like this boy’s bedroom makeover from littlegreenshed, especially the Eames rocker.
Inspired by The Great British Bake Off, blogs are filled with delicious looking tray bake recipes. I love the look and sound of buttery, moreish raspberry Bakewell tray bake and this recipe for spiced plum tray bake.
I’ve only spent 3 days in Paris but I completely fell in love with the place. These stunning photos on Simply Ruby made me realise it is possible to visit Paris with children. Maybe be my next visit to Paris isn’t as many years off as I feared.
Finally regular readers will know how much I love children’s book so I enjoyed reading ten tips from The Guardian for making bedtime reading fun.