After missing last week I’m back with my favorite blog posts from the last two weeks. It’s been a busy week on the blog. I blogged about starting weaning my baby, our current favorite book to read snuggled in bed each morning and I shared my favorite kids’ wellies. Hopefully Friday finds will be back next Friday with a special Halloween selection of Friday finds. Have a great weekend.
1. I’ve shared my love of Wild thing dresses before but I couldn’t resist sharing this beautiful bear cape with you.
2. Early learning center currently have 50% off selected toys, including this fabulous fun fair happyland set (down to £30 from £60). Next Christmas happyland will definitely be on my little ones Christmas list.
3. In my post about Hairy Maclary on Tuesday I mentioned purchasing a 15 book collection of further books from the series. Well Hairy Mclary’s hat tricks is one of them and it was mentioned in a great post by Edspire about autumn story books for children. Whilst you are over at Edspire have a look at the details for the Matilda Mae welly walk taking place on 2nd November.
4. Last weekend my parents brought over a few toys for my baby. Not just any toys but toys that were mine and my sisters 30 years ago. I’ve been asking them to search this fisher price happy apple out for ages. It easily rocks on the floor when you touch it, making a lovely chime sound. My baby seems captivated by it and I love that she is enjoying playing with something I played with 32 years ago.
5. Another thing I have mentioned before on here is bento boxes. This week I was pleased to see an online shop selling a selection of supplies in the UK. I love this selection of fruit and vegetable silicone cups.
You might have noticed that I’m a big believer in the importance of children spending time outdoors (see my the great outdoors series). This week I enjoyed reading posts including Autumn love and connected to nature. If you are expecting your second child you might be wondering if you need a buggy board or double buggy? to help you get out and about. Sometimes though it’s nice just to spend time at home (that’s what we’ll be doing this weekend).
This week I have started looking for a nursery for my little girl for when I go back to work (not for another 6 months thankfully but it still feels like it is coming round too fast). I’m sure as it gets nearer I’ll go through the 5 stages of the end of maternity leave. I want to remember to read this post again nearer the time, it’s positive and full of really useful tips – tips for life after maternity leave. Another useful tips post for mums is 21 breastfeeding lessons learned. If you are a mum yourself, I’m guessing you won’t need this next post but you might know someone who does – 11 helpful things to do for someone who has just had a baby.
Have you heard of slow toys or slow play? I hadn’t until this week when I read about it on Edspire where Jeannie explains what it is and shares a great slow play activity using pom poms and paper cups. If your looking for craft activities how cute is this horse chestnut snake?
I love to cook and bake. This week these recipes for aubergine, tomato and mozzarella bake, Toffee apple muffins, lentil, sweet potato and chilli soup and chicken pot pie caught my eye. One for the kids, perfect for the weather we’ve been enjoying this week – a rainy day bento box.
Team Honk is back and bigger than ever! Read about how you can join in with a blogger to blogger relay from John O’ Groats to Land’s end.
I can relate to so many of the items in this final blog post & the ones I can’t I know it’s only a matter of time – you know you’re a mummy when ..